Monday, February 27, 2012

1984 Thoughts

Overall the book wasn't bad. I did get confused a lot reading it though. I've never been one to understand government, and when they threw in all this new stuff like the thought police, party, Big Brother etc. I got lost. I liked the concept of the book though, and believe that something like this could happen. It was really interesting to read about, and got me thinking about what I would do if I was being watched all the time or if my life was completely controlled. It reminded me of the horrors of giving one person complete control over a nation, and I hope that never happens. One thing I liked about the book is that there were people trying to do something about it. The ending was dissapointing to me because all of Winston's efforts were a waste, but I like the symbol of rebellion he held.

1 comment:

  1. Good! I'm glad that the book got you thinking! That's the whole point of reading books! :) Even if you read a book that you absolutely hate, if it makes you think then it was worth reading. I feel like it's better to read a book that you hate than a book that you finish and just go "Meh, that was ok I guess," because if you hate it there is a reason why (perhaps you don't agree with part of it) but that's better than feeling nothing towards it.

    ReplyDelete